Wednesday 28 January 2015

Drawing a Blank

I've drawn a comic about meditation for Nomos Journal. It's the first in a new column I'm writing/drawing for them called Drawing a Blank.
It depicts the experience of the beginner meditator – the pitfalls, pratfalls, and thoughts that drift through his head as he sits and does nothing much.
I'm trying to learn to meditate at the moment and I'm finding it an interesting but tricky business. The plan is to create a new comic strip for Nomos every few months, drawing on my meditation experiences and the thoughts that they provoke.
I've long been interested in meditation and buddhism so I'm going to try to use this comic column as a reason to get up off my arse (sit down on my arse?) and explore these areas. I'm by no means an expert on any of this, so we'll see what happens!
You can read the first comic strip in full at http://nomosjournal.org/columns/drawing-a-blank/

No comments:

Post a Comment